الرئيسية التسجيل مكتبي  

|| إلى كل أبناء الجنوب الأبطال في مختلف الميادين داخل الوطن وخارجة لا تخافوا ولا تخشوا على ثورة الجنوب التحررية,وطيبوا نفسا فثورة الجنوب اليوم هيا بنيانًا شُيد من جماجم الشهداء وعُجن ترابه بدماء الشهداء والجرحى فهي أشد من الجبال رسوخًا وأعز من النجوم منالًا,وحاشا الكريم الرحمن الرحيم أن تذهب تضحياتكم سدى فلا تلتفتوا إلى المحبطين والمخذلين وليكن ولائكم لله ثم للجنوب الحبيب واعلموا ان ثورة الجنوب ليست متربطة بمصير فرد او مكون بل هي ثورة مرتبطة بشعب حدد هدفة بالتحرير والاستقلال فلا تهنوا ولا تحزنوا فالله معنا وناصرنا إنشاء الله || |

شهداء الإستقلال الثاني للجنوب

::..منتديات الضالع بوابة الجنوب..::

العودة   منتديات الضالع بوابة الجنوب > الأقــســـام الــعـــامــة > منتدى الانجليزي - English forum

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
قديم 2008-03-13, 04:30 PM   #1
Kassim
قلـــــم نشيـط جــــداً

تاريخ التسجيل: 2007-12-22
الدولة: روسيا الإتحادية (موسكو )
المشاركات: 181
افتراضي I want to improve my vocabulary but what do I do ? !

When you leave school or college, someone will inevitably point out that this is not the end and that it is only the beginning. Of course the speaker is right. No educational process is the end. It is always the beginning of more learning and more living. And that is the case here. What has happened to you as a result of your reaction to the material and suggestion in this site is only the beginning of your development. To stop increasing your vocabulary is to stop your intellectual growth. You will wish, we are sure, to continue to growing intellectually as long as you remain alive. And with the momentum that your weeks of hard work have provided, continuing will not be at all difficult.

Steps:

1. Become actively receptive to new words. Words won’t come chasing after you. You must train yourself to be on a constant lookout, in reading and listening for any words that other people know and you do not.

2.Read more. As an adult, you will find most of the sources of your supply of new words in books and magazines. Is your reading today largely restricted only to the quick perusal of daily news papers? Then you will have to change your habits. If your aim is to have superior vocabulary, you will have to make the time to read at least one book and several magazines every week. Not this week and the next week, but every week for the rest of your life.

3.Add to your own vocabulary the new words you meet in your reading. When you see an unfamiliar word in a book or in a magazine, do not skip over it impatiently. Instead pause for a moment and say it to yourself. Get used to its sound and appearance. Then puzzle out its possible meaning in the con**** of the sentence. Whether you come to the right conclusion or not, whether indeed you are able to come to any intelligent conclusion at all is of no importance. What is important is that, by that process, becoming superconscious of that word. As a result, you will suddenly notice that this very word pops up unexpectedly again and again in all you reading. For now your mind has been *****ed to notice it. And of course after you have seen it a few times, you will know fairly accurately not only what it means but the many ways in which it can be used.

4.Open your mind to new ideas.Every word you see is the translation of new idea. Think for few minutes of the areas of human knowledge that may possibly be unknown to you - Psychology, semantics, science, art, music, management, etc… Then attack one of these areas methodically, by reading books on that particular subject. In every field, form the simplest to the most abstruse, there are several books for the average, untrained lay reader that will give you both a good grasp of the subject and at the same time add vocabularies because they are required to expose themselves constantly to new areas of learning. You must do the same.

5. Set a goal. If you do nothing about your vocabulary, you will learn, at most, twenty-five to fifty new words in the next twelve months. In conscious efforts, you can learn several thousands. Set your self a goal of finding several new words every day. This may sound ambitious, but you will discover as soon as you start actively looking for new words in your reading, and actively doing reading of a more challenging type, that new words are all around you. That is, if you are ready for them. And understand this -- vocabulary building snowballs. The results of each new day search will be greater and greater. Once you provide the necessary initial push, once you gain momentum, once you become addicted to looking for new words, for finding new words and for taking possession of new words, you'll find you can't stop.

Warning:
Never become obssessed with vocabulary. Vocabulary building should be a pleasant exercise.

All the best:
Kassim
Kassim غير متواجد حالياً   رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2008-03-15, 04:31 AM   #2
الحنش
قلـــــم نشيـط جــــداً

تاريخ التسجيل: 2007-12-14
المشاركات: 275
افتراضي

Good tips but will be hard to put into practice thx 4 the effort

Another way of improving your vocabulary is to do word puzzles like the ones in newspapers

And simple way to improve your vocabulary is to use the dictionary

الحنش غير متواجد حالياً   رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2008-03-16, 02:55 AM   #3
Kassim
قلـــــم نشيـط جــــداً

افتراضي

Thank you my brother Al_Hanash for your post. I was really waiting for your posts and I’m really feeling enthusiastic when I find your posts so please keep up posting as much as you can. According to what I wrote, I was putting all my effort to improve my vocabulary by doing all the tips that I wrote above and I was using the dictionary but it was very difficult way!!!!
I know that you’re going to ask me how difficult was it?! And I’m just collecting words from the dictionary. That’s because not every word you pick from the dictionary will be useful for you.
Some words are scientific and some of them are literal and you don’t know how to put the new words that you’ve got in a sentence. That’s what was happening to me . I didn’t know how to put the new words that I was gaining in a correct sentence. So when you read a lot, you find lots of new words and that depend on the difficulty and on the level of the book that you’re reading. By reading you’ll be able to understand the construction of the sentences and you won’t forget the words that are unfamiliar to you if you keep them in your mind in phrases or complete sentences. That’s what I wanted to mention.

التعديل الأخير تم بواسطة Kassim ; 2008-03-20 الساعة 03:47 AM
قديم 2008-03-24, 04:03 AM   #4
بابل73
قلـــــم جديــد

تاريخ التسجيل: 2008-03-22
المشاركات: 3
افتراضي

[align=center]thanks a lot for the tips, but as you said it's difficult to practice them .especially the dictionary , I don't know why but I found it borring, looking for one word I waste long time
on the other words on the same page and few minutes later I forget all the words I just get

anyway I think that the important thing about vocabulary is to get on first step the
most common used words . and the best way to find those words is by reading books and magazines as you said ,or more better than that , by listening to the spoken languge on the radio or on conversations , we can get the good pronunciation, then we'll be familiar with a lot of words .
and the second and more important step is to use the new words in our speach and in our writing that's how we can fix them in the memory .
I hope that my participation brought some new ideas to the topic and I apologize for the mistakes on this essay because I am only a bigginer and I believe that I have a long way to perfect my english .

and thanks again[/align]
بابل73 غير متواجد حالياً   رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2008-03-26, 02:59 AM   #5
Kassim
قلـــــم نشيـط جــــداً

افتراضي

اقتباس:
المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة بابل73 مشاهدة المشاركة
[align=center]thanks a lot for the tips, but as you said it's difficult to practice them .especially the dictionary , I don't know why but I found it borring, looking for one word I waste long time
on the other words on the same page and few minutes later I forget all the words I just get

anyway I think that the important thing about vocabulary is to get on first step the
most common used words . and the best way to find those words is by reading books and magazines as you said ,or more better than that , by listening to the spoken languge on the radio or on conversations , we can get the good pronunciation, then we'll be familiar with a lot of words .
and the second and more important step is to use the new words in our speach and in our writing that's how we can fix them in the memory .
I hope that my participation brought some new ideas to the topic and I apologize for the mistakes on this essay because I am only a bigginer and I believe that I have a long way to perfect my english .

and thanks again[/align]
Hello my brother Babil . Welcome to this nice forum. Thank you for your participation in this topic. I think what you wrote above about practicing the new words by speaking and writing is a very good idea and actually a perfect way. Non the less there is a slight problem that students interested in learning English may encounter and that is speaking. For example, I’m living in a country whose the official ******** is Russian. The material and everything related to studying in Russia is in Russian ********. So, I had a very difficult time studying two foreign *************** at the same time. I suffered so much to improve my English although I’m still at a secondary school level. The one who helped me so much was my cousin. He speaks English fluently because he is living in the US and working as a doctor. I had the opportunity to speak to my cousin on Skype. We discussed many different topics and that helped me to practice the new words. If I made a mistake in my speech, my cousin corrected me as much as he could. Ok, then, there is one problem that students living in Yemen may encounter. They may not have the opportunity to speak English like those who are studying abroad in countries such as Malaysia, India and some lucky students who have got scholarships to Canada. Those people have a big chance to improve their English and be masters in it if they put a little effort. By the way your essay is really good. Keep learning English and don’t get bored no matter what the cost. In this way I think you’ll become a master in English. That’s what I believe in.

التعديل الأخير تم بواسطة Kassim ; 2008-03-26 الساعة 03:03 AM
إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع
انواع عرض الموضوع

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code is متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة

الانتقال السريع

المواضيع المتشابهه
الموضوع كاتب الموضوع المنتدى مشاركات آخر مشاركة
Improve your vocubulary with Verbal Advantage Kassim منتدى الانجليزي - English forum 4 2010-11-16 12:25 PM

=